"Dressage serves to maintain a healthy horse"
I developed a logical sequence of dressage training under the guidance of French Master, Philippe Karl. My lesson units are based on a holistic approach with the horse's wellbeing in mind.
- Connection hand – horse's mouth: tightening of the rein
- Longitudinal change of balance = shifting the horse's balance to the hindquarters
- Relaxation = we achieve mobility of the horse's jaw through the correct use of the hand
- Impulsion = quick reaction to the rider's leg aid, activity of the hindquarters
- Flexion/Bending = Achieving muscular balance in the neck muscles
- Lateral change of balance = Achieving muscular balance in the shoulder muscles
- Stretching forward-down = Achieving a raised and oscillating back
- Rounding of the poll = Stretching the nuchal band
Continuing work – Mobility and Collection
- Transitions = basis for the improvement of longitudinal balance
- Lateral movements = basis for mobility and flexibility in balance
- Collection = Combining lateral work and transitions
- Schooling exercises = flying changes, Piaffe and Passage
Nicole Weinauge Website