The sun begins to come up, and the first rays of light begin to shine upon this fresh day.
What do you do with this time?
The most important thing.
If you have a project you want to happen (letís say you want to write a book), this is the time to form a habit that will make that project happen. A morning writing habit will get the book done. Simply wishing for the book to get written, or saying youíll do it ďsomeday,Ē doesnít make it happen.
Perhaps you want to move to the next level in your riding? What if you started your day by watching a video to learn something new that can help you in your ride that day? Do you think that would make a positive, measurable impact? Of course it would!
If itís important, youíll make a morning habit of it:
- If you want to lose weight, create a morning walking habit. Or morning strength training. Or a healthy breakfast with fruits and veggies.
- If you want to learn to half pass, watch DTO videos of trainers teaching the half pass.
- If you want to start a new business, create a morning session where you work on it every morning.
- If you want to become more mindful during your day, create a morning meditation habit.
- If you want to work on your relationship with your spouse, have a morning habit of talking about your relationship over coffee.
Why is morning a better time for important habits? Why not afternoons or evenings? Well, Iím biased, because I really love the mornings. But Iíve found the time to be quieter, less chaotic, better for reflection and focus. Some people will work better in the late nights, but Iím usually tired by then. So figure out what time is your magic time ó I think for most people that will be mornings, but not all.
Make it a habit, and do it first.
BY LEO BABAUTA†with changes by Reisa Bonetti.