Have a burning question for a judge? Ask it here!

judgesboxes-1200x457

Ready, set, go! You may now submit questions to the “Expert” and gain valuable feedback. All questions and answers will be publicly viewable, so everyone may learn from the interaction.

Please know that your question will be answered by the judge (DTO Featured Judges) within 48 hours. Click comments, below left, to ask your question today.

Thank you!

Reisa

13 Comments on "Have a burning question for a judge? Ask it here!"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Sally Eberle
Guest
Sally Eberle
6 years 5 months ago

I am showing my Holsteiner filly at DSHB classes. I eagerly look forward to the judges’ comments after each show, but I don’t know how to interpret conflicting comments (for example, from shows that are 1 week apart: “bone light for body type, too much angle in hock”; then “bone matches body type, good hocks”). Thank you.

Janet Foy
Guest
Janet Foy
6 years 5 months ago
I am afraid that as hard as the USEF tries to standardize the comments and scores, we are still not quite there! Our recent judges forums have had only USA judge presenters as our European presenters were members of the different breed registries and had a bit different outlook and way of scoring the horses which was a bit confusing at times. So to that end we are working hard to make our DSHB program more of a USA standard. I am sorry you have had conflicting comments, and hope you will understand we are hard at work at making… Read more »
Alicia Fairbrothers
Guest
Alicia Fairbrothers
6 years 4 months ago
hi! i am showing my preliminary 3-day event horse and i just got him and he is 18 know. he is a warmblood tb andalusion and i was wondering how to get him to keep a forward trot but also be able to saty very round and not keep comming out and back into rounding? i also wanted to know how to get him to use his back in the rounding because everytime i show a test for dressage at the horse rials they always say get him to use his back and butt morre and i have no idea… Read more »
Tracey Gummersheimer
Guest
6 years 1 month ago

Hey a4ju49nwq1zn5rp52m37, very interesting post, it really got me thinking. Thank you. 6sg9yy8a3h

Heather
Guest
Heather
5 years 11 months ago

My daughter shows her QH mare in training level dressage. She has had good results from training with a level 2/3 Mylar bit, but we are wondering if this bit is legal in the dressage ring? Thank you.
Heather

garrett hemstreet
Guest
4 years 8 months ago

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all Iíll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Alexsandrya Albright
Guest
Alexsandrya Albright
4 years 2 months ago
Hi I am doing a research project in which I would like to include some very detailed but clear explanations of what the judge looks for in different dressage tests based on the directives. so I have a couple questions to ask 1. What does having a supple horse entail for both the horse and rider? Often judges comment only on the suppleness of the horse but dressage is about becoming one with the horse to achieve balance while executing different exspressions of movement. So how should the rider also demonstrate suppleness? 2. Can you explain what it means to… Read more »
Victoria Allen
Guest
Victoria Allen
2 years 10 months ago

Hi I own a Welsh Cob that is trained up to fourth level. I am showing soon for the first time in a while. I was wondering, what are some of the most crucial things that judges pay attention to in training level tests?

Sandy Fields
Guest
Sandy Fields
8 months 19 days ago

Do you think that there is any merit to the fact that “known good riders” get better scores? Would an unknown horse and rider of the same quality and talent get an equivalent score?

wpDiscuz